Sunday, December 24, 2006

Some books I've enjoyed

Hello Fellow Witty Women,

First of all I wanted to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and that all your hope and dreams come true for 2007. I wanted to share some of the better books I have read this year.

Marie Antoinette (Antonia Fraser); I love historical novels and this one actually belongs to my sister Madelyn. It was enthralling, I couldn't put it down. Sophia Coppella used this as the basis for her recent movie about the last Queen of France. I haven't seen it yet, but if it's as good as the book I won't be disappointed. Antonia Fraser writes this very touching and sad story about a misunderstood women like a novel. She must have done an incredible amount of research and it really pays off. I've asked for two more of her books from Father Christmas; Louis the IVX and Warrior Women.

The Red Tent (Anita Diamant): Taking a small section of the first testament and expanding the story of Dinah, this is a beautiful story about women and families, as well as their day to day lives and hardships.

Losing My Virginity (Richard Branson); Not sure if you've heard of Sir Richard, he's a national institution here, an entrepreneur in a league of his own. If you haven't heard of Richard Branson, you will know the Brand that is synonymous with his name; Virgin. My Nanna gave me this book a few years ago and it's sat on my shelf since then. So this week I picked it up and started reading. Last night I was up till 2am trying to finish it and can't believe I waited so long to start. Another page turner, I had to know what happened next. From the start of Virgin in the 70's to Richard's record breaker long distance balloon crossings and the shocking dirty tricks campaign from British Airways that nearly destroyed Virgin. Thankfully they did not succeed and we are very lucky to still have this incredible and inspirational man as part of the country I call my home. I can't wait for the next installment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home